Did you know that there are three areas of body health often neglected in self care routines?
- The gut
- The eyes
- The mouth
There are many things to think about when trying to maintain a healthy body. Diet, exercise, and sleep are all important, but other aspects of health are often ignored or forgotten about.
Even when you remember to look after these areas, they often don’t get the same amount of care as the rest of your body.
We will give you tips on keeping these areas healthy and functioning properly!
The gut is often neglected when people think about their health. However, it is actually a very important part of the body!
The gut houses trillions of bacteria that help break down food, absorb nutrients, and fight off infection; when the gut is healthy, the whole body benefits!
Here are some tips for keeping your gut healthy:
If you take care of your gut, it will take care of you!
The eyes are another often neglected part of the body. People don’t realise how important they are until something goes wrong.
The eyes are responsible for so much, from reading and writing to driving and recognising faces. So it is important to take care of them!
Here are some tips for keeping your eyes healthy:
- Wear sunglasses when you are outdoors. This protects your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Rest your eyes regularly. For example, if you work at a computer all day, take a break every 20 minutes to look at something else.
- Eat healthy foods. Foods like carrots and sweet potatoes are good for eye health because they contain beta-carotene.
- Exercise your eyes. This can be as simple as rolling your eyes in all directions or focusing on objects at different distances.
- Visit independent opticians. This is important to make sure your eyes are healthy and catch any problems early on.
Don’t neglect your eyesight! It is vital to many aspects of life.
The mouth is another area of the body that people often forget about. But it is just as important as the other areas in this post!
The mouth is home to millions of bacteria, many of which are essential for good oral health.
Here are some tips for keeping your mouth healthy:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. This helps to remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth.
- Floss daily. This gets rid of the food particles and bacteria that brushing misses.
- Visit the dentist regularly. They can professionally clean your teeth and spot any problems early on.
- Eat healthy foods. A balanced diet is important for overall health, including oral health.
- Drink plenty of water. This helps to wash away food and bacteria from your mouth.
Your mouth is an important part of your body, so don’t forget to maintain your oral health.
In conclusion, there are many aspects of health that are often neglected. However, these three areas – the gut, the eyes, and the mouth – are particularly important to keep healthy.
By following the tips we have outlined, you can ensure that your whole body stays healthy and functioning properly.
Photo by Oleg Magni on Pexels