“My doctor told me to write a will…but I wrote a bucket list!”
When my daughter, Lulu was only 3-months old, she was diagnosed with single-sided sensori-neural deafness, and I was diagnosed with Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy.
My idiot doctor informed me of these diagnoses over the phone and actually told me to Google them! The top of the page read, “Most people die within ONE YEAR of being diagnosed!”
The doctor told me to consider writing a will…but I wrote a bucket list instead, however, I didn’t take it seriously until Lulu turned 1-year old (read on).
A week or so later, I was diagnosed with Stage 0 (pre-cancerous) cervical cells and had to have them surgically removed, and shortly after that, Lulu’s father left us.
I was a single mother coming to terms with my diagnoses, the prospect of being dead in a year and I also had to go back to work when Lulu was 9-months old, so I created this blog, Life It Or Not to help others who may have had the same problems and questions I had.
Within the next few months, I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Neuropathic Pain, POTS and Meralgia Parasthetica.
I know, it’s a lot!
I chose to live my life and began to thrive.
- I worked harder on my blog and was nominated as a Top 4 Best Newcomer in the UK Vuelio Online Influence Awards.
- I wrote the top 10 best seller book: “How to Create a Kick-A** Blog” (recommended by ‘Book Authority’ (Forbes, CNN and Inc.) as a “Best Blog Writing Books of All Time” and “Best SEO Books of All Time”)
- Worked with over 80+ brands as an Instagram Influencer
- Featured on various radio stations, including BBC One and 1Xtra
- Launched my jewellery store, LeLu Fashion
- I qualified as a Neuro-Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner and worked as a qualified Life Coach
I found myself with a new thirst for life, and began looking at my bucket list more seriously. I realised that travel seemed to be at the top of my list! I got both Lulu and I our first passports (yes, I had never travelled before this!) and got straight to planning our first holiday.
By the time Lulu was 2-years old, she had travelled on 14 airplanes and visited 7 countries!
In 2023, I was fitted with my very own robot (pacemaker) and we began our travels again. I couldn’t travel before this, as I had Long Covid and was going through a lot in my personal life.
My aim now is just to have adventures with my Lulu and to spend time together seeing as much of this beautiful world as we possibly can, in whatever time we do have left together.