Life It Or Not received the Versatile Blogger Award!
After I had given birth in 2017, became a single mum, found out my daughter was half deaf and then got diagnosed with Heart Failure, I decided to write a bucket list!
One of the things on my Bucket List was to “start a blog”.
Never did I think that within only seven months of launching my blog, I would be taking it as seriously as I am.
In such a short space of time, I quit my career to focus on my blog, started offering my Social Media Management and Blog Coaching services and I received a Bump2Baby Favourite Bloggers Award.
And, now a Versatile Blogger Award!
At first, I thought the blog would just be a small thing that I could update every now and then and keep on a simple, free platform.
I only wanted to start a blog so I could share my story and possibly help others in the process.
I have met such an amazing group of inspirational and friendly bloggers and vloggers and have grown such a loyal and amazing following.
Not only on social media, but also the awesome people who have signed up to my mailing list, bought my book, joined my courses, commented on my blog and asked me about my own personal advice.
If you had told me seven months ago that at this point I would have:
- An active and popular blog that people actually revisit, read and comment on – AND subscribe to!
- Written and self-published an ebook about Starting a Blog
- Created a mini eCourse for Pinterest (see below)
- Be working on two FULL eCourses on Communication Skills and Pinterest to launch on online learning platforms
- Have loyal followings on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Pinterest
…I NEVER would have believed you!
Want More Traffic To Your Pinterest?
Within just two months of launching my blog, I had people telling me that they thought my writing was their “saving grace”!
Now, I’m not just saying all this to be big-headed, it is just that I am extremely proud of myself.
I have come so far in the last seven months and that is all because of you beautiful people who read my posts, subscribe to my blog and return regularly to see my updates.
This has resulted in this award of the Versatile Blogger Award.
I am HUGELY thankful to the blogging community for being so warm, welcoming and friendly! The blogging family is so supportive, I never imagined there to be this much love!
Thank you all! xXx
How Did I Get Nominated For The Versatile Blogger Award?
The only way to receive a Versatile Blogger Award is by being nominated by other bloggers.
In other words, if you work hard and other bloggers enjoy your content, appreciate the hard work and dedication you put into your blog and feel like you have an inspirational blog and social media life, they can nominate you.
This is what the #official rules are when considering nominations for this award:
“…consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.”
Thank you so much to the amazing Marlee from Dishes by Hand for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
This is what she wrote about my blog in her nomination:
“I admire how she advocates for empowering women to become their own inspiration. Her website is jam-packed with inspiring content. I was lucky enough to host recently for a post How To Prioritize …and Actually Get Sh*t Done!“
Marlee is a super-woman!
She somehow manages to juggle being a full time nurse with being a super-mommy of two gorgeous little humans.
With her quaint vintage style and modern attitude, Marlee offers creative solutions for renovations, parenting, & successfully managing a busy household.
Having hosted a blog post BY her – Get the daily dose of ‘me time’ you deserve, and guest posting on her blog with How To Prioritize …and Actually Get Sh*t Done!, I had the opportunity to get to know her more. She is my kind of woman! Strong. Polite. Confident. Beautiful. Intelligent.
A FAB blogger who I would have actually nominated had she not been the one to nominate me first! lol.
Thank you sooooooo much Marlee for having faith in me and my blog and for nominating me.
You are awesome!!
The Rules For The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate your favourite bloggers for the award
So, Here are the 7 Random Things About Myself…
1. I can’t say the word “vegetable” properly! Haha…you should hear it, it’s more like, “Veg-it-a-ble” (with a Glottal Stop on “it”!)
2. Although I have only been an educator for 10 years, I have actually worked with young people ever since I was a ‘Junior Youth Worker’ at the age of only NINE. I’m not lying either! I even had a community mural posted in the local paper that I helped to organise! As I was too young to be paid real money, so I was paid in stationary and CDs (I was a proper geek!!) Mind you…I still go crazy over a new stapler or laminating sheets! Ha!
3. Before I got pregnant in 2016, I was a well-known music artist! I have been on UK BBC radio almost 10 times, performed at various venues (including Pacha in London), performed on a Youth Music Schools singing book by Howard Goodall and launched a single at the Ministry of Sound.
4. I only got my first EVER passport this year. By the end of 2018, in just this year, me and my daughter (aka Squidge) will have been to:
- France (Paris)
- Italy (Venice)
- Austria (Vienna)
- Balearic Islands x2 (Mallorca – Sa Coma and Magaluf)
- Spain – mainland (Barcelona)
- Greece (Zakynthos)
- Czech Republic (Prague) – going in 2 weeks!
5. I have met the Queen of England twice and entered the Royal Palace forecourt once.
6. I am completely, totally addicted to cheese! It’s not even funny…seriously, I might have a problem!
7. I once adopted a Pot Belly Pig and a Goat at my local farm.
Sign up to be the first to hear about the latest lifestyle, wellness and beauty news.
Here Are My Nominations:
In conclusion, here are the amazing bloggers who I will be nominating for this award…
Victoria of Inspired by Tor
I recently included Inspired by Tor in my subscriber newsletter as one of the Bloggers / Vloggers I’m loving right now. A newbie on the block, Victoria is a YouTube vlogger who shoots on her phone and is so down-to-earth it’s unreal. Gotta luv this woman!
Kelly of Love Life Lavish
Kelly is a happily married mum of twin teens. Fearless woman! Bringing her love of all things gorgeous into the Blogosphere, I admire her bravery at trying new procedures and clothes all in the name of happiness, freedom and fashion! As Kelly says, she is all about, “Bridging that gap between those dreams you have and your everyday realities.” What a beautiful woman!
Erin of Vaughn Day At A Time
A mum of four (with a fab techy hubby), a social work student, ex Army woman and an online teacher, this woman is a BUSY woman! However, through her writings of Parenthood and ways of making memories, Erin makes us love her immediately. I don’t even think she realises that I love her blog, but…she will now! Haha!