We all have those days when we want to do something fun with the kids, but WHAT?
I used to get completely stuck for ideas and would find myself searching the internet for “fun things to do with a toddler” for over an hour before I found any good and creative ideas of what we could do.
So, to make your life a little bit easier, I have compiled a list of my Top 40 fun things that I like to do with my toddler or that my friends like to do with theirs.
Some of these ideas also have a helpful link with them to help you out even more. For more info on affiliate links, see the Disclosure.
40 Fun Things…
1. Have a picnic in the park (or the living room) – check out some of these picnic bags
4. Play a game of on-it (tag)
5. Write a story together and act it out
9. Visit your local farm or a Zoo
13. Create an indoor obstacle course
19. Play with chalk on the pavement
20. Build an indoor tent with the sofa
- Do you live in London?
- Or are you visiting for a few days?
21. Bake a yummy, colourful cake or muffins
23. Have a read-athon of all their fave books
24. Make friendship bracelets
25. Do finger painting with home-made paints
27. Create a secret handshake
29. Have a “biggest tower” challenge with building blocks
31. Visit a Farmers market at a local farm
33. Have a sack race with pillowcases
36. Pretend the floor is hot lava (put towels and pillows on the floor)
39. Make an “I love you” card for someone special
FREE Printable PDF of this list for you to stick on your fridge!